Are you a 3rd-yr LLB regulation scholar thinking about what to do subsequent? The University of Bolton’s LLM (Master of Laws) diploma is a herbal progression from the LLB (Bachelor of Laws). While it’s nevertheless viable to get a job that includes prison content with an undergraduate diploma, individuals who need to qualify as a legal professional should take the subsequent step in their education.
In addition to gaining your felony qualification, there are some of blessings of studying LLM in law. Here we observe the way to get into regulation thru the LLB-LLM direction, the advantages of analyzing at master’s degree, and why it is able to be useful to stay on the same college.
Student paintings practising regulation
How to get into law with LLM
If you’re studying LLB in regulation, you may follow for a number of postgraduate guides at Bolton. You can either practice for LLM Law, LLM with Solicitors Qualifying Examination, or PgDip Solicitors Qualifying Examination.
With an LLM in law, you could discover a spread of legal issues in greater depth, even as developing the related research and reasoning capabilities that employers distinctly price. However, this isn’t always a path to qualifying as a lawyer. To qualify, you need to apply for our LLM with Solicitors Qualifying Examination or PgDip Solicitors Qualifying Examination.
Main benefits of LLM degree
Whether you choose to observe our LLM Law route or our LLM with Solicitors Qualifying Examination course, you’ll be able to revel in the notable benefits of postgraduate training.
Here are a number of the motives to stay on at university to hold your regulation studies:
· Develop transferable capabilities – for college kids who do no longer intend to qualify as a legal professional, there are many professions wherein an LLM in regulation will are available reachable. Some of the abilities consist of legal research and writing, analysis, essential assessment, logical thinking, teamwork, management, hassle-solving, and written and verbal communication.
· Diversify your education for different careers – not all of us uses their LLM degree for training law. There are many alternative profession paths, including banking and finance, human resources, immigration, insurance, IT, investment banking, political research, recruitment, tax inspection, or teaching and education.
· LLM may be a stepping stone for in addition have a look at – possibly you want to have a look at for a PhD? An LLM regulation diploma may be used as a platform for similarly education and might prepare you in terms of research talents and independent study competencies.
Student Moot Court
Why stay on at Bolton?
If you decide a grasp’s in law is the proper profession move for you, there also are some extraordinary blessings to staying on on the same college.
At the University of Bolton, we welcome present students and intention to make the process as seamless as possible. Here are some of the motives to stay with us:
1. You already know our teaching personnel – having a courting with our faculty means which you’ll be able to experience continuity in your research. This could also suggest a better danger of having well-known onto the course.
2. You are acquainted together with your surroundings – beginning in a brand new area can take in a whole lot of power, and might even motive stress and anxiety. By staying on the same university, you can recognition on hitting the floor running to your schooling rather.
Three. We have a ‘Teaching Intensive, Research Informed’ approach – our publications are many of the quality inside the UK. In reality, we’re 1st within the North West of England (and 3rd in the UK) for Student Satisfaction in Law* for the second one yr running!
Four. Continue the use of our modern day facilities – Bolton School of Law has been designed to put together college students for enterprise with our Moot Court, Legal Research Centre, and a dedicated law library.
5. Get one-to-one mentorship – just like our undergraduate courses, our postgraduate programmes are taught in small elegance sizes to make sure you get the attention and support you want. Our teaching group of workers provide one-to-one mentorship and could get to understand you, and your career ambitions, with a view to align the modules for your non-public and professional development desires.